Double receptacles installation options
Rather than the well-known installation on the rear face of a panel, most elements may be installed in a cavity on the upper face of the panel as follows:
Here are five facts that we think you should know about this other way to install our receptacles:
1. The installation of the receptacles in this way is particularly suitable for panels and thick frames as it reduces the shaft length required. This benefits the customer because they are able to use the most common lengths that extra-long axes that are not always available.
2. As there is only one blind hole with the necessary framework rather than a through hole, this method of installation aid when sealing the frame is a problem.
3. If there is no space inside the framework for installing the receptacle or if there are other factors which prohibit a through hole (which is often the case with electrical cabinets) this installation method is very convenient.
4. It works with most standard receptacles riveted or screw-on as seen in our catalog.
5. Due to the rivets or screws that hold the receptacle, the force out of the fixing connection is reduced. Calculating the thickness of the frame will also be different.
If this alternative is of interest to you, we strongly recommend that you contact us to beforehand. Our engineers will be happy to help you.